Saturday, February 15, 2014

Snow, snow, go away!

Spring cannot get here soon enough, and I normally enjoy winters. I think my lack of posts are partly a result of my aggravation in the past month and a half worth of sickness and bitterly cold days. But after a night of performing at a simple Valentines dinner and seeing the sun out today, I'm feeling motivated and back to normal, finally! Let's brave the next few weeks of winter and hope that Spring gets here soon.
Congrats on a successful recital! I have once again been convinced by this recital in the importance of performing in duets and small ensembles. There is a different level of joy that is seen on all the performers faces and is heard from their playing. I think it is a great reminder that it doesn't matter your age, it doesn't matter how long you have been playing or what piece you are working on; music brings us all together, makes us equals, and brings some temporary peace and joy to the world. These are the moments we must cherish and remember.

I am blown away by the contributions all the families made from the Silent Auction donations and the bidding. I feel so privileged to have the support of so many wonderful and committed families.
Just some reminders:
No group class this Monday as it is Family Day.
Year End recital is on Sunday May 4th at 3:00. Please mark it in your calendars today!
Next Fiddle Class is Saturday March 1st at 1:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment