Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Happy Canada Day!

Well, there is a bit of sunlight coming through the mass of clouds as I write this. A cooler day for a nice run through the city. I hope to see you all out enjoying the weather and time spent with family. I just came across an article that I thought I'd share from the violinist.com of violinist Jason DePue's list of top 10 most difficult pieces for the violin. Click HERE for the article.

Guess what's on the list........

Suzuki Violin Book 1 - mastering the basic concepts.

I love this. It can definitely be argued that all the basic skills you learn in and from the pieces in Book 1 can be applied to any violin repertoire. Which is why review and mastering these techniques is key to advanced repertoire success and mastery.

I know that how I play Book 1 is completely different now as a teacher then how I played it in University and how I played it as a teenager. It grows and changes and you continue to realize small teaching points and techniques in what seem like the simplest of pieces.

Do not underestimate the power that Book 1 has in making you a better player and a better musician. So after you enjoy some time outside today, or while you are outside even, get reviewing!

How well can you play Suzuki Violin Book 1?

No comments:

Post a Comment