Friday, September 04, 2015

Back to SCHOOL next week, Back to LESSONS the week after

September is HERE! If you don't already know this about me, this is my favourite time of year. My fall decor is out which means ... PUMPKINS! When I turned one years old my mom served me pumpkin pie instead of cake. It's always been one of my favourite things. I feel excited when I walk through stores in July and there is already fall decor available while everyone else is cringing. With September comes Pumpkin muffins, Pumpkin Spice Lattes, homemade pumpkin pie and my newer obsession Pumpkin teas from David's Tea.


I feel lucky in that my work revolves around the school year. Unlike what January feels like for many, September to me is a time of change and renewal. It's a time to set new priorities, routines and schedules.

Kids feel the excitement of this time of year. Starting a new grade, reuniting with friends and making new friends, anticipating Thanksgiving and Halloween, and of course the last big event of the year which I won't mention... yet. My point to all this is that whether you enjoy this time of year or not, find something to be excited for. The little things that we take the time to enjoy can lessen the stress of other areas in our life. Whether its a walk through trails to see the leaves changing colour, or making this years Halloween costume for your kids. No matter how big or small, find something that excites you and take time to watch the excitement in your children. 

I hope everyone has a nice week either back at school, back at work, or back to not needing daily child care! Let's all do our best to set healthy routines and schedules this school year and take a moment to think about how you will fit practice into all the craziness.

One last reminder that there are NO LESSONS next week.

I will see everyone back for lessons on September 14th and group class on September 15th!

Need any tune ups, violin size checks or just to talk about lessons/practice before lessons start? Give me a call, I'll be around home all next week prepping for lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment