Thursday, September 20, 2018

Shane Cook & The East Pointers!

I am too excited.

The East Pointers continues to be one of my favourite new groups and Shane Cook although I have grown up listening too, just keeps getting better.

Shane Cook is a MUST SEE violin/fiddle performer. I am offering this performance up to ALL REGISTERED STUDENTS regardless of if you have participated in a show or not. Tickets are going quick so send me your ticket #'s ASAP. He will be playing at:

Siloam United Church (yes, where we have group class!) 
Saturday October 13th at 7:30




The East Pointers are something a bit different, still featuring traditional celtic music, they also perform many original pieces arranged for Fiddle, Banjo and Guitar/Piano. The only percussion is some really unique foot work by the fiddle player which is really something to see. They feature some vocal tunes and up beat tunes with a lot of harmony and rhythm variations. This unique performance is offered to those who did not participate in the LEAHY show last year (although I do recommend going anyway if you can!).
They are playing at:

Aeolian Hall
Sunday November 4th at 8:00



Have young ones like myself who these shows are just too late for? Help me keep an eye out for some interesting matinees!

No comments:

Post a Comment