Sunday, February 16, 2020

Questions about Maternity Leave

We've been re-organising and prioritising our lives as a family with the new year and I finally have computer access outside of my little office in the basement (definitely can't do everything from a cell phone - including write blog posts). It's been awhile since I've posted regular and it's one of the many things I've been missing and have neglected doing since being pregnant.  Although change is immanent, I'm hoping to get back to a lot of what I love over the next few months as we welcome baby #2 to the family and I start to feel more like myself again.

As we all prepare to have a break from regular lessons, I just wanted to clarify a few questions that have been coming up in lessons.

When does Maternity Leave start?

Maternity leave starts whenever the baby decides to show up. Once this happens, I will send out an email right away announcing the start of my maternity leave, so please check your emails/instagram accounts regularly, especially before you head out for lesson. Once I know when my maternity starts, I can be more specific on when lessons will resume.

You can access all up to date lesson and group class dates on the Calendar HERE. I will also try to send reminders of dates or date changes through email, blog posts, instagram and in person.

What happens with tuition payments during maternity leave?

Tuition payments remain the same. I have worked into this years calendar a 6 week gap. I have done this by starting lessons a week early, only taking 2 weeks over Christmas instead of my usual 3, overlapping my maternity leave with a 2 week march break and extending the school year well into June. If I decide I need more than 6 weeks off with the baby, then we will discuss on an individual basis a refund or transferring lessons to the summer.

Please note the change to summer lesson policies (as of 2019):

With this years registration I announced a change to the 2 summer lessons that have previously been included in tuition. I have worked these 2 summer lessons into the school year giving us a 35 week tuition period spread out over 12 months. Therefore, summer lessons are no longer included in tuition. If you would like to sign up for summer lessons you may do so in May when registration is released. Otherwise, lessons will start back up again in September.

When is the next group class?

The next group class is scheduled on April 21st. However, since I had to cancel a group class in January, I may schedule a make up class part way through my Maternity Leave so that we can all check in with one another. Otherwise, any cancelled group classes will be made up in June.

What should we do during the 6 weeks off?

Reference the blog post I did HERE on some things to try during the break. Please don't hesitate to email/text me while I'm off! It is not a bother to me at all, in fact the distraction will be appreciated - if i'm busy I just won't respond right away. However, I would much rather take a few minutes to answer your questions and send you feedback/video examples and keep you motivated to play, then have you do nothing over the break because you just didn't know what to do.

Have additional questions? Don't hesitate to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment