Thursday, November 15, 2012

More Fiddle Tunes!

Okay, so for those who may be playing in the fiddle show in January (pending a slight audition), here are more of the songs that we would typically play. 

What I love to play is Cape Breton fiddle music. These tunes are a little more Americanized then Cape Breton although anything by Scott Skinner can be found in lots of fiddle styles. Each tune is typically not unique to any particular kind of fiddle music, it's how the tune is played that differs. Eventually I'll post more tunes that are more traditional Cape Breton style as that is what I study. 

Recently I have connected with a Cape Breton fiddler that I met on my trip out east two summers ago. I spent two weeks in PEI and Cape Breton going to shows and hearing different performers everyday. I am taking lessons with him over skype learning the specifics of Cape Breton styled fiddling and am so excited to be able to take what I learn and eventually share it with everyone. 

Enjoy the tunes!


No comments:

Post a Comment