Thursday, November 01, 2012

New Local Violin Maker!

Hi everyone! So I've just been in contact with a new violin maker to London, his name is Matthew Schmidt. As he is currently in the process of establishing his business in early 2013, attached is a survey which will give him a better idea as to what the consumers of London (us!) would be looking for from a violin maker (ex. affordable prices, range of instruments from size to make, buy back/trade in policies, restoration, repairs, adjustments, accessibility to accessories such as cases, shoulder rests, sponges, etc.)

Please consider taking 5 minutes to fill out this survey. The way I see it, it can't hurt to see what he may be able to provide and it would be nice to have another local violin maker to turn to. Also, he will be giving a 15% discount at his store to those who participate in the survey.

CLICK HERE to fill out the survey and to read a brief biography of Matthew Schmidt.

Also, CLICK HERE to check out a video of Matthew featured on thestar.com.



Currently, the violin makers I use are:

William R. Ware - Violins Ltd. - I got my first violin from him when I was three and all my violins thereafter. Always has a great selection of instruments and will do many minor adjustments free of charge.

Riedstra's Shop Inc. - Located in both Stratford and Kitchener. Wide variety of instruments.

Allan's Violins - Although I've never used him, some of my students have had success with him.

Where I find my violin/suzuki books, music and violin accessories:

Belle Air Music, now Long & McQuade. Look for their new store opening on the corner of Wonderland and Fanshawe. 

Walter's music will have some books/music, although not much in the way for violin accessories.

A great store in Toronto is The Sound Post. They have everything from violins, books, music, accessories, and lots of fun music games and resources. You can order online from them as well and from my experience have great customer service if you need to call them. 

Also, you can sometimes find books on Amazon.ca like Suzuki related exercises and studies, Suzuki Violin Books & CD's, as well as Suzuki philosophy and fiddle books.


Thank you for your consideration in supporting Matthew and his upcoming business!

No comments:

Post a Comment