Saturday, March 29, 2014

Group Class is a Go!

Group class is on for Monday March 31st. Sorry for any confusion this caused last week, but there seemed to be a discrepancy between my Calendar of Events and Sharon's. Anyways, we are back on track and the only Monday off between now and the year end recital will be Easter Monday.


I couldn't resist this picture. Just too cute!
Will this winter ever end?
Speaking of Easter, starting next week and up until Easter weekend we will be focusing on review using an Easter themed game. There is nothing you need to do to prepare, just keep playing all your review pieces at home which should be happening daily anyways.

Thanks to everyone who changed lesson times this week to accommodate some of my students playing in the Kiwanis Music Festival. Participating in this is not a requirement, but is provided as an additional and different opportunity to perform and gain new musical and personal experiences. Please visit Kiwanis Music Festival of London for more information and ask me about signing up next fall.

I have my own reservations about the Kiwanis festival; I believe it teaches many good things, and has the possibility of teaching not so good things. However, each year it gives me a friendly reminder as to the importance of why I teach in the first place, and that's because of the kids; how they perform, how they wait for their turn, how they listen to the adjudicator and the other performers, and how they respect everyone and the job they are trying to perform. I am reminded of the incredible things children are capable of, to be thrown into a new and different situation and to still be able to bare their heart and soul to the world through their music. This is truly incredible. I am so proud of everyone's achievements this week and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment