Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Conference Summary

Well, I'm sorry to say that the conference exhibits were rather disappointing. Hundreds of violins to try out and purchase, but hardly any violin accessories or practice helpers. I picked up a few new lesson gadgets, some piano harmonies, new tonalization exercises, Christmas tunes for 4 violins, and some revised Suzuki Cello to continue my painful attempt at learning the cello. Although I don't have anything tangible to bring home to you (other than some free printable practice aids) I think what I do have to offer is even better; and that is knowledge gained

I have a whole notebook and mind full of new ideas and inspiration. I've heard so many wonderful speakers from both older and newer generations. From those with first hand Shinchi Suzuki experiences to new ideas on maintaining music education in a fast paced ever changing world to the immense necessity of our Suzuki Early Childhood Education program (more on this later). 


One thing that is irrefutable and was impossible to escape this weekend is the importance music has in shaping our lives and our character.

Music helps us to learn, focus, discover, heal, survive, grow and love.
Every one can learn music. You can never been too young or too old.
Everyone has the capacity to let music change them for the better.

I look forward to our last full week of lessons before summer and am so excited about new ideas for the fall. I would like to leave you all with a simple yet beautiful Suzuki quote which I want you all to focus on and remember over the summer months:


"Beautiful tone, beautiful heart."

Let's continue to provide high quality models for children to listen to and encourage them to always listen to the quality of their own sound, to ask questions, and to never give up.

One last reminder: 
Pool Party at Sharon's is on for this Saturday May 31st at 2:00. 
Bring your bathing suits, a snack to share and your violins!

No comments:

Post a Comment