Sunday, August 31, 2014

What you need to know for lessons Fall 2014!

Lessons start back in a week! I am so excited for the start of another year of music and to see how we can all push ourselves to learn new things, be open to new ideas, and continue to work hard to achieve our goals. Here's what you need to know as you head into the first week of school.
  1. Figure out your new schedules - once you figure out how your time is laid out this week, start to schedule in when you want to try to fit practice. Don't just think about it, write it down. Not only are you more likely to remember it if you right it down, but putting practice directly into your calendar creates an appointment or a block of time you cannot break.
  2. First Group Class is on Monday September 8th, 5-6 at First Saint Andrews Church. I look forward to hearing about what everyone did over the summer!
  3. Private lessons start that week as well. I have confirmed with hopefully all of you as to your lesson times. If you are still unsure, call or e-mail me. 
  4. Keep in mind that I have a NO MAKE UP POLICY, meaning that if you miss a lesson, I am not required to make it up. I have been lenient with this in the past because I have had the time available for make-ups. This is no longer the case. If I miss a lesson, I will make it up at a convenient time for both of us or during my make up week May 4th-9th. So please take care of your scheduled lesson time and do not take it for granted.
  5. NEW Policy - Electronics Off and Away During Lessons. This goes for private and group lessons. Once again, I have been lenient on this rule in the past, but am cracking down this year, because I think it is just too important. This goes for parents and students. Students waiting for lessons may read a book, do homework, colour a picture, etc. Parents must keep their phones out of sight at all times. Don't let the nothingness of whats happening on your phone distract you from the incredible learning moments of your children. 
  6. Fiddle Class registration will be out the 2nd week of lessons. Class will run for 8 weeks on Saturdays from 1:30-2:30. Must be playing Perpetual Motion or higher. Fee: $80.
  7. Suzuki Early Childhood Education Class for Parents, Babies and Toddlers is running Wednesdays 9:30-10:30. Please tell any new moms about this class. 1st month is free off of tuition!
  8. Change to Calendar of Events - There will be regular lessons the week of Halloween (October 27th - November 1st). There will not be lessons the first week back in January 5th-10th. There will still be group Monday January 5th, but I will be absent (Sharon will teach this class). Therefore, there are 3 weeks off lessons over Christmas. 
So I gave in and put up my Fall decorations. My cat Cordelia always likes to help with projects and then claim the changed space as hers. Consequently, she had the same composure as last year!

Cordelia Fall 2013

Cordelia Fall 2014

Have a wonderful long weekend! See everyone in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment