Monday, November 14, 2016

What I Listen To

I've been recommending more and more music over the past few months as there has been a growing interest in fiddle music. So I thought I'd take a moment and tell you all about what I listen to and how I listen.

I get a lot of inspiration and new things to listen to by attending concerts and festivals throughout the summer. You don't need to go more than an hour or two outside of London to see some incredible musicians perform. Youtube is also an invaluable resource to see groups that you might not otherwise be able to see and to get links to other groups that are similar.

Although this list does not include anything classically specific, that is not to say that I don't listen to classical music. I enjoy solo violin, piano and cello music, but I've never come across one classical musician that I love. It's more about the repertoire and the heart of the performer/performance that makes a recording great and mean something to me.

So here is a list of musicians, mostly folk and celtic, to listen to or purchase some new recordings. These are either groups that I have been listening to for years and are always a comfort or some that are fairly new but are just too amazing not to tell you about!
Get inspired by some new music and artists! Click on the links to view a recommended recording or website!















Natalie MacMaster & Donnell Leahy have just a released a Christmas Album! Find it HERE!

Consider some CD's this year to give as Christmas Presents!

Also, if you haven't already purchased Celtic Shift's CD One On Beautiful Day, (the group I play in), you can find CD's in lesson for $20 or you can find a link to the right to purchase on itunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment