Monday, October 23, 2017

Fall Recital

There was a lot of talk about nerves at the October 22nd Recital (despite confident performances from everyone!). From the shakes to stomach butterflies to wobbly knees. All of which I am far too familiar with. The knots began to tighten in my stomach as the start of the recital came around, but as I looked out in the audience at all the families, some who I have known for 7 years now, I felt at ease.

Every student showed on Sunday that they could WORK HARD. Practice spots were fixed, focus was seen and the dynamics were just beautiful. Solid performances by everyone and a great first recital of the school year!

If I had a switch I could flick so that you all wouldn't have to experience nerves... I'd definitely want to switch it off because I know the feeling all to well and don't wish any of you to feel it. However, it's also an important feeling to be able to conquer and unless we are put in these situations, it becomes harder and harder to face. Dealing with nerves is part of being human and it's something we can all work on. I work on it everyday when I put my teaching shoes on and perform. The nice thing about these Suzuki recitals is that it is a safe environment to practice these tricky skills. Nothing bad can happen at a Suzuki recital, no matter how nervous we feel since we are all supported by parents, siblings, teachers and friends.

See you all for Group Class THIS October 24th
but NO Group Class on October 31st (Halloween!)

No comments:

Post a Comment