Thursday, May 26, 2016

On the Changes Ahead

As I hope all of you know by now, Steven (my husband) and I are expecting our first child the end of November. Steven and I have been together for 10 years, married for 3 and we are the best of friends. Having this baby is a dream come true for us. We have worked so hard these past 10 years to make a life for ourselves and we could not be happier for this next adventure.

As I announced my plans for maternity leave this past week, I frequently got looks and statements of disbelief that I would only be taking 8 weeks off from work, so I thought I would clarify a few things. As you all know, each pregnancy, each newborn and each families lifestyle is completely different and completely ones own. Therefore, my decision has been based on what I know is right for me and my family. Steven and I have a lot of family support. My husband and family all support the decision I have made and we all believe that it is the best thing for me. My work means everything to me. You all mean so much to me. I feel lucky that my job gives me the flexibility to do the two things that mean the most to me: to work and to be a mom.

In terms of the Calendar of Events, I find comfort in making a plan and then changing things as they need to be changed, but without a rough plan in place, I feel overwhelmed and I can't function. The calendar of events that you all received is the plan and I know that you all will understand if I need to change the plan. This next week I will be making sure I have everyone's updated contact information (and please continue to keep me updated on any changes come September) so that if things change I will be able to contact you all promptly.

I look forward in sharing this journey with all of you! It's going to be quite a year. Thank you so much for all of your continued support and kind words this past week. I will definitely need the support and kindness come September! For now, let's enjoy these last few weeks of lessons and of school and I have a few motivational posts planned to get you ready for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment