Monday, February 08, 2021

Everyday is a Battle

Every year around this time I watch all the Rocky/Creed movies (minus #5). We've had marathons in the past, but this year we watched a little bit every night leading up to my birthday. It's not that I'm a fan of boxing, at all, but it's the message these movies hold for me that bring me back every year. The holidays are over, Spring feels like a long ways away, it's cold and dark, we are all stuck at home and missing so much. It is all too easy to get lost and stay lost. 

Rocky encourages me to keep fighting. To continue getting up every morning, to continue building on my routines and habits and doing the things that I know are good for me. 

I'm not sure when I wrote this, but I came across it and wanted to remind anyone who is reading this, no matter what you are going through right now, just keep fighting, one second, one moment, one day at a time. 


Everyday is a battle.

It's not about if we win or lose, it's about how hard we fight.

It's about always taking that next step toward the person we want to be.

It doesn't matter if it seems like no one else around us is fighting. We don't know what their battle's are and it's none of our business to know.

When we fight our own battles, we build strength. We build self respect. 

That strength can then be used to better the lives around us and maybe give strength to others.

But taking that step forward is up to us.

So get up and fight. 

One small step at a time.

Fight for who you are and who you want to be.

Everyday.

No excuses, no blame, no fear.

Keep fighting to be the best version of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment